Bani Mandir has a glorious past. Established during the pre-independence period by a group of enthusiastic young teachers as a village library in 1945, the organization dedicated itself for educating rural mass on the path of truth, self reliance and dedication for the cause of the mother land, eradication of illiteracy, superstitions, socio-economic uplift.
In this process it was felt that for socio-economic development govt. support both financially and administratively were required and in the year 1973-74 the organization was registered under West Bengal Societies Registration Act. XXVI of 1961. Exemption of Income Tax under section 80-G of Income Tax Act was obtained by the new Managing Committee full with young blood. It was registered under FCRA, Govt. of India.
Since 1985 then Bani Mandir has not to look back and has been marching for the cause of socio-economic development of the down trodden covering an area of 50 villages under Diamond Harbour Block II with spreaded activities to more than 50 villages under Mandir Bazar, Falta and Diamond Harbour Block II. Ultimate goal is to cover the entire area under South 24 Parganas district with socio-economic developmental programmes. Our vow is to march forward till the goal is reached.